New York City is a microcosm of the United States of America and a high school educational performance tour dream. Nearly every facet of the US is represented here: different races, cultures, traditions, arts, musical styles, politics, and architectural designs. All of these features blend together into this great melting pot, lovingly referred to as the “Big Apple”.
The cultural learning options in New York City, combined with an active arts community provide directors with a perfect destination for their student performance travel.
Broadway, the iconic heart of professional theatre in America, will amaze those with an appreciation of the arts. With the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, American Symphony Orchestra, and Brooklyn Philharmonic Orchestra all calling New York City home, a wide variety of concert opportunities are always available. A tour, followed by a live band performance at Carnegie Hall, if possible, will generate lifelong memories.
Other popular educational attractions for New York Performance Tours include the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the 911 Memorial, Wall Street, the Rockefeller Center, and Radio City Music Hall, to name a few. New York City is brimming with activities and attractions for all student tour groups and will keep you busy for as long as your stay will allow.
- Welcome to the “Big Apple,” New York City
- Meet your 24/7 EDT Trip Leader at the airport
- Transfer to Manhattan and check-in to your hotel
- Enjoy a first night Welcome Dinner
- Visit the “Top of the Rock”- views of the NYC skyline
- Enjoy breakfast prior to a full day of touring
- Cruise Manhattan Island, views of the Statue of Liberty
- Walking tour of Ground Zero, Battery Park, Wall Street
- Music Clinic in a famous rehearsal hall
- Attend a Carnegie Hall performance
- “Meet the Artist” after the concert
- Wake up to a full breakfast
- Central Park Walk
- Radio City Music Hall behind the scenes tour
- Times Square, Rockefeller Center, St. Patricks Cathedral
- Evening at New York City Jazz Club
- Early morning breakfast
- NBC Today Show
- Last minute shopping time for souvenirs
- Depart for home