New York City is a microcosm of the United States of America and a high school music tour dream. Nearly every facet of the US is represented here: different races, cultures, traditions, arts, musical styles, politics, and architectural designs, all blended together into this great melting pot, commonly and lovingly referred to as the “Big Apple”.
Broadway, the iconic heart of professional theatre in America, will amaze those with theatrical dreams and/or appreciation of the arts. Concert opportunities are quite common since the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, the American Symphony Orchestra and the Brooklyn Philharmonic Orchestra all call New York City home. A tour of Carnegie Hall followed by a live performance, if the timing is right, will generate memories that will last a lifetime.
Other popular educational attractions include: the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the 911 Memorial, Wall Street, the Rockefeller Center, and Radio City Music Hall, to name a few. There are enough activities and attractions in New York City to keep you busy for as long as your stay will allow.
- Welcome to the “Big Apple,” New York City
- Meet your 24/7 EDT Trip Leader at the airport
- Transfer to Manhattan and check-in to your hotel
- Enjoy a first night Welcome Dinner
- Visit the “Top of the Rock”- views of the NYC skyline
- Enjoy breakfast prior to a full day of touring
- Cruise Manhattan Island, views of the Statue of Liberty
- Walking tour of Ground Zero, Battery Park, Wall Street
- Music Clinic in a famous rehearsal hall
- Attend a Carnegie Hall performance
- “Meet the Artist” after the concert
- Wake up to a full breakfast
- Central Park Walk
- Radio City Music Hall behind the scenes tour
- Times Square, Rockefeller Center, St. Patricks Cathedral
- Evening at New York City Jazz Club
- Early morning breakfast
- NBC Today Show
- Last minute shopping time for souvenirs
- Depart for home